Friday 21 May 2010

Iain A. Murray CEO and Juggler

I am sitting on the Virgin Train heading north, we are in Preston station and it's 6.30pm Friday night. I've just spent the last three days away from the business undertakng my duties as Chair of the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM). It has been action packed including giving a presentation to the Women in FM (WiFM) special interest group on the use of Social Media in business, then Chairing my last Board meeting as Chair, and attending for the third year the Construction Industry Council's 'Presidents and Chairs' Summit, or sleepover as it is affectionately known. This is a very interesting place to be not just representing the Institute, but from a business perspective it is the 'coal face' of the property and construction industry, and ergo a very informed group.

There has been a lot going on at Connectedfm this week, not least of which is the launch of our new website. We are very pleased with it, and Social Media is at it's heart. We are bringing in live @connectedfm twitter feeds as well as my own @connectedfm_im and Shona Lyttel's @connectedfm_sl feeds. We have also linkedin, connected to our Facebook page (become a fan please), and posted a video to out YouTube page. The final action is to complete and launch our 'Connected' niche social network, and we hope you will want to become a member to share your thoughts on FM, the market, and on our business.

I have another two and half hours ahead of me tonight, but I am getting plenty of work done to catch up with my inbox, something you can't do if you fly, and my carbon footprint is about a fifth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Introduction Video

Share this page

Share |

Twitter

BIFM News

FM World news